Charlotte Mahala Hargrave
- Born: 1829, Wimbourne, Gloucestershire, Eng
- Marriage: Sewell Burgis on 8 May 1853
- Died: 22 Aug 1865, Hotham, Vic at age 36
- Buried: 24 Aug 1865, Melbourne Cemetery, Vic
Cause of her death was Dropsy Syncope.
Details obtained from her Death Certificate No. 6971 are as follows:
Died 22 Aug 1865 at their residence in Victoria Street, Hotham (District of Melbourne North), Victoria, at age 36 years, of Dropsy Syncope.
Parents' names - John Hargraves, mason, and Sarah Hargraves.
Informant - Sewell Burgis (husband) of Victoria Street, Hotham.
Buried 24 Aug 1865 in Melbourne Cemetery.
She had been 10 years in the Colony of Victoria; was born in Wimborne, Gloucestershire; married in London at age 23 years to Sewell Burgis.
Issue were listed as - Ellen (12 yrs), Sewell (dead), and Emma (8 yrs).
* N.B. Charlotte was buried in the Burgis Family plot (i.e. Comp S, Grave No. 40, Church of England - along with a stillborn child at the same time - see below).
Charlotte married Sewell Burgis, son of John Burgis and Martha Hebgin, on 8 May 1853. (Sewell Burgis was born on 17 Feb 1828 in Stanhoe, Norfolk, Eng, christened on 24 Feb 1828 in Stanhoe, Norfolk, Eng, died on 20 Aug 1897 in Kensington, Vic and was buried on 23 Aug 1897 in Melbourne Cemetry Comp. N Grave No 278, CofE.) The cause of his death was Cancer of the pancreas.